Saturday, April 9, 2011

Coffee Helps Healing Hepatitis C

coffeCoffee is known to have several benefits for the body. Now there is one more benefit of coffee that can help treat patients with advanced hepatitis C with chronic liver disease.

Based on the new study found patients who received peginterferon plus ribavirin treatment and consume 3 cups of coffee a day had 2 times higher likelihood to respond to treatment than patients who did not drink coffee.
"Coffee intake has been associated with liver enzyme levels are low, reducing the development of chronic liver disease and reduce the incidence of liver cancer," said Neal Freedman from the National Cancer Institute, as quoted by Indiavision, Friday .

Even so the relationship between the response to anti-HCV treatment with coffee consumption is not fully understood by researchers. This study itself has been reported in the journal Gastroenterology.
Known around 75 percent of people infected with hepatitis C have no symptoms when first diagnosed, and the remaining 25 percent complained of fatigue, loss of appetite, muscle pain or fever. While the condition of skin and yellow eyes that rarely happens in the early stages of infection.
Usually the initial diagnosis of hepatitis C is identified by a blood test showed elevated levels of enzymes in the liver, signs of liver damage which became the first clue the possibility of infection.
Worldwide is estimated there are about 130-170 million people affected by hepatitis C, and about 70-80 percent to chronic infection. When the infection had started to experience the effects of chronic inflammation caused by persistent immune response against the virus.
Hepatitis C virus is a virus that is genetically very varied and has a high mutation rate, thus allowing generation of viral diversity. As a result there has been created to prevent hepatitis C virus infection
People suffering from Hepatitis C have no symptoms, although infection has occurred for many years. The symptoms below there are not felt by the sufferer such as:

1. Tired
2. Lost appetite
3. Stomach ache
4. Urine becomes dark
5. Skin or eyes turn yellow (jaundice), rarely occurs.

Infection with hepatitis C virus infection is also referred to as covert (silent infection) because in the early infection is often asymptomatic or no typical symptoms that are often overlooked.
This virus became one of the causes of chronic liver diseases like cirrhosis and liver cancer is the commonest cause of liver transplantation. Cirrhosis occurs in 10-20 percent of patients with chronic hepatitis C and liver cancer occur in 1-5 percent of patients with chronic hepatitis C in 20-30 years time. And about 80 percent of people newly infected with the disease will continue to develop into chronic infection.
Hepatitis C virus is transmitted through the main street of blood infection from blood transfusions or blood products that have not been screened (inspection), the exchange of needles by intravenous drug users (injecting drug users / IDUs) as well as needles or tattoo equipment and piercing are not sterile.



Post a Comment